Reporting into this position (designation and level)
- Routine/Direct: Human Resources Officer
- Functional/Indirect: N/A
Responsibility for internal and external relations:
Internal: employee engagement Initiatives within the company.
External: Ensure the labor broker is complying with the prevailing laws.
Managerial responsibility: Supervises the Human Resources Officer
Recruitment - Contract Staff & Permanent staff.
- Ensure recruitment is done as per approved structure.
- Work closely with HR-BP to support recruitment campaigns for individual roles.
- Ensure recruitment trackers for Contract & Permanent staff are maintained and continually improved.
- Prepare induction Schedules for all New Joinees and ensure completion and sign off as confirmation of the same
- Follow the ALAF recruitment policies and procedures fairly.
- HR-BP or HR Manager or General Manager will also be involved during recruitment processes.
- Prepare Monthly Recruitment Tracker for all vacant and filled positions
Managing employee uniforms and or working tool
- Liaise with procurement department organize for staff uniform as per approved budget.
- Ensure all employees including at the branches are supplied with a uniform.
- Ensure uniforms are of high quality and cost-efficiency.
- Collaboration with the Safety Team to ensure changing room lockers are provided as may be required.
- Make arrangement for new hires on Office furniture, Computer, and any working tool
Employee performance management.
- Monitor the quality of performance appraisal (review) for the line managers with their employees.
- Supervise the performance review to be affected in the mid- and at the end of the year up to supervisor level.
- Ensure quality people plan (KPI forms) is submitted to HR for each individual as per agreed time.
Support Industrial relations and Employee Engagement in the organization.
- In Collaboration (Consultation) with HR-Business Partner/HR-Manager you will;
- Ensure the disciplinary processes are adhered in ALAF as per prevailing labor laws.
- Ensure line managers are aware and take ownership of the disciplinary process of ALAF
- Ensure internal disciplinary cases are handled in time.
- Provide disciplinary guidance to line managers in consultation with HR-Manager/HR-BP.
- Support the HR – BP on employee engagement Initiatives within the company
- Provide education to staff on HR Policies
- Maintain a good communication environment between management and workers.
- Attend employees’ relations matter or queries in a good manner and keep a good image to the human resources department or management.
- Maintain good interpersonal skill to all employees.
Supervise exit procedures
- Supervise exit procedures in collaboration with Payroll Coordinator
- Conduct an exit interview and analyze the data for further action.
- Clearance is well done
Staff canteen, Labour broker
- Staff canteen hygiene is maintained
- Suppliers to comply with prevailing laws (OSHA, TFDA, TRA, Wages Law, Employment Act)
- Coordinate with the clinic all occupational injury with Health and safety officer.
- Ensure the labor broker is complying with the prevailing laws.
- Conduct Quarterly meetings for the Canteen Committee
HR Audit Support
- Ensure complete adherence to set standards and improvement of the same. No non-compliances or conformities should be in the area of responsibility.
- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor degree in Human Resources.
- Professional registration: Institute of Human Resource Management
- General work experience (years): 3 - 6 years
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 3 years
- Industry: Manufacturing
Key competencies and skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- MS Office packages
- IT Software applications
- Fast-paced and prompt