Main purpose of the position:
Drive sales and commercial activities for Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) across Kenya and East Africa, identify strategies for the selling growth and forming short term and long term strategies to achieve the growth objectives.
Reports to (designation): Business Head- SBS
Reporting into this position (designation and level)
a. Routine/Direct: Sales Engineers , Sales and technical Services Manager
b. Functional/Indirect: Design Manager, Estimation Manager
- The role will start as an individual contributor role with one senior team member and eventually build and grow sales team across East Africa to drive PEB/ Structural Steel.
- Formulate sales strategies for assigned territories.
Collaborate with marketing function and identifies potential/new business opportunities and new market segments.
- In consultation, formulate policy and guideline in handling business contacts, securing required contact and background information on clients and competitors and creation/ management of client database for territory assigned to him.
- Prepare sales forecasts, objectives, program schedule for the assigned territories.
- To generate quotes from various sources like Corporate Houses, Public sector & Private companies, Individuals, Non-Govt Organizations.
- Build relationship with Architect, Builders, Contractors, Specifiers, Consultants and other related stakeholders.
- Coordinating with internal departments for design and estimation department based on the customer's requirements /consultants drawings for project quotation
- Manage the full life cycle of the project delivery.
- Ensure efficient customer relations management and customer service
- Ensure customer accounts are within credit limits, Cash collection & debtor’s management.
- Monitor competition closely and provide regular reporting with respect to competitor strategy, products and prices.
- Ensure efficient utilization of workforce, equipment, material and maintain staffing level as per the company standard.
- Recruit, train and develop sales team and help them achieve sales target in volume and value
Budgetary responsibility: Draw up budgetary sales targets based on the BPP.
Procurement responsibility: Nil
Minimum academic qualification:
A degree-level engineering qualification (B.E/ B.Tech) in Civil engineering
Qualifications as an added advantage:
A post-graduate degree in management/engineering would be an added advantage.
Membership of a professional technical institute
General work experience (years): At least 15 years' general experience in a similar industry
Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): At least 10 years' sales experience within LARGE PEB COMPANIES
Industry: Pre Engineering Building (PEB)
Key competencies and skills:
- People with high energy level and positive attitude shall be able to cover the market and communicate with decision makers to bring profitable business to the organization. Preference would be given to candidates having previous experience in PEB/Structural Steel Industry.
- Negotiation Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Customer Service skills
- Effective communication Skills
Language requirements: English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge in ERP systems ( SAP)
- Working knowledge of Design softwares like Stadd Pro/MBS, Auto cad etc.
- Positive attitude
- Energetic and Enthusiastic
- Self-motivated and Self driven
- High level of integrity
Additional/specific work requirements
- Business acumen
- Technical Knowledge
- Market Knowledge
APPLY WITH YOUR UPDATED RESUME TO email@example.com