Business Head – Safal Building Systems Limited
- 1. Lead the work and resources of the Company and ensure the on-going recruitment and retention of the required numbers of well-motivated, trained, and developed staff to ensure that it achieves its objectives.
- 2. Prepare annual company business plans and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the Company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible (including co-ordinating Regional and Group overall plans).
- 3. Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Board and senior managers, to keep them aware of developments within the industry, and to ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the Company’s objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- 4. Establish and actively maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, influencers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the Company is providing the appropriate range of Products and quality of services.
- 5. Maintain product and software intelligence to ensure that the Company remains at the forefront of its sector, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, and provides the required range and quality of products and services.
- 6. Support the companies marketing and public relations strategies to promote the products and image of the company across markets.
- 7. Represent the Company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts to secure the most effective contract terms for the Company.
- 8. Direct and maintain total quality management systems throughout the Company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers and/ or clients.
- 9. Direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the Company.
- 10. Oversee the preparation of all Group reporting requirements.
- 11. Institutionalize the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the Company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- 12. Ensure Working Capital targets are maintained and achieved together with the implementation of ongoing Profit Improvement Plan Cost initiatives.
- 13. Develop an alternate Light Weight Steel Truss/Framing System with the accompanying product, software, and go to market solution that provides a cost-effective (especially for mass Housing) and technically advantageous Value Proposition for the Group.
- a. Utilize modern design software & web-based technologies to streamline the design and building approval processes.
- b. Implement Regional and Group strategic business unit structures to ensure the Business growth targets are achieved and common platforms exist for risk management and policy implementation.
- c. Continue to build the Business structure in line with market expansion and fill the required positions with focussed, energetic, and professional people in
- d. Work closely with existing Building Solutions Businesses in across Group to ensure sales, marketing and channel leverage.
- e. Continuously develop the overall product design envelope and value proposition/s for the targeted markets and channel partners (including standard and mass-market Building designs).
- f. Identify, qualify and create appropriate channel partners and channels to get our products to market.
- g. Refine and continuously develop the Design Software packages around Country and Market specific needs as well as Web Based solutions for mass sales of standard buildings. The ultimate goal of speed, solutions cost optimization, ease of use, impeccable customer experience,and conformance to country-specific Standards.
- h. Establish relevant brands and grow sales within targeted geographic areas & market segments as well as strategic Marketing Plans.
- i. Develop National Standards in countries where none exist for Cold-Formed Steel Building Solutions.
- j. Develop go-to-market plans for Southern Africa in conjunction with the operating Business/es.
- k. Ensure robust, risk-managed site (and other services) are developed and in place in providing full Building Solutions.
- l. Provide inputs to Engineering and project management teams to deliver projects in time and budget driving customer satisfaction.
- Bachelors degree in Civil/ Structural/Engineering/Architecture
- Relevant professional qualification/accreditation/experience in Marketing / Sales or any other commercial experience.MBA in marketing/finance would be an added advantage.
- General work experience: 10 years (see above requirements)
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): at least 5 years managing a professional team and running a P&L and operations for a building systems company.
- Strong Techno – commercial experience linked to Engineering background preferred. Proven capability in front-line Sales conversion and achieving Sales targets.
- Experience in managing & developing channel partners (Franchisees, distribution channel, architects, influencers, etc)
- Industry: Construction and building systems preferably Pre-Engineered Buildings(PEB)/ Light Gauge Steel Structures