Develop Construction Plans
- Manage the planning and execution stage of construction projects.
- Carefully evaluate the structural, electrical, and mechanical condition of each project.
- Carefully inspect all drawings and designs before they are implemented.
- Plan personnel flows, tools, machinery etc and decide how other contractors and subcontractors will support ongoing operations.
- Analyses a job’s financial projections to ensure they are accurate and practical.
Oversee Engineering Processes
- Carry out routine and complete routine tests to make sure that all legal regulations are followed.
- Keep an up-to-date understanding of all legal obligations and contract terms to prevent project delays, support all construction workers, and actively drive projects to completion.
- Keep records of tests results, as per standards.
Manage Construction Projects
- Manage cost control, cost accounting, and management of project schedules.
- Constantly refer to schedules to make sure quality work is done on time.
- When needed, they facilitate discussions and create solutions between construction contractors and construction managers.
- Responsible to eliminate disagreements in the field and misunderstandings about expected work outcomes.
Draft Technical Support Documents
- Keeping up-to-date logs, estimates, change orders, vendor forms, and documentation,
- Identify and spot technical problems in the construction process.
Communicate with Team Leadership
- Arrange Weekly meetings with all parties involved in a construction project
- Provide necessary status updates and respond to questions from contractors, clients, and their own company leadership.
- Furthermore, regularly assess all projects to suggest different cost-saving techniques for a project.
- Send weekly project reports to their construction manager/ Manager In-charge/Head of the department
- Financial responsibilities: Management of daily Expenses and construction cost controls
- Responsibility for Physical Assets: Making sure that Company Office Assets in his/her office are optimally used.
- Budgetary responsibility: Preparation of project budgets & Schedules
Qualification: Minimum academic qualification: Min: Degree in Engineering (Civil, Structural)
General work experience (years): Minimum 5 years
Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 3 years’ experience.
Industry: 3 years’ experience in designing & Detailing/ Fabrication/ Steel Structure/ PEB
Key competencies and skills:
- Well Versed with Drafting software AutoCAD / ArchiCAD
- Project Management skills
- Budget Management skills
- Can perform under pressure with accuracy