Production Manager (Pipe Plant)
Drive production efficiency:
- To ensure on time and in full production of customer orders in line with daily, weekly and monthly targets
- To ensure efficient utilization of manpower
- To ensure proper methods are used during production processes to control losses in terms of material wastage due to non-prime generated, rework, spillage in order to control costs.
- Ensure a continuous supply of raw material and other consumable including safety items for the proper running of production processes.
- Review production staff as per set company targets from time to time
- To manage performance and discipline of staff in the department
- Optimize human resource talent and potential
- To liaise with HR to develop training needs for his team
- To mentor and coach staff
Implementation of continuous improvement systems.
- To provide leadership in the implementation of Kaizen system
- To ensure compliance to all statutory requirements including ISO
- To prepare regular technical reports around production & maintenance.
- To prepare and implement SOPs for all areas under his/her control
- To implement ‘Product Care’ to avoid product damages during handling and storage.
- To identify suitable contractors and suppliers as and when necessary and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of quality services.
Preparation and implementation of the Production Budget
- Responsible for formulating the budget for production and ensuring compliance.
- To advise the management on any equipment upgrade/retrofit/addition and provide necessary Capex/Opex estimates.
- Ensure that fixed and variable costs are monitored, reviewed and controlled as per the budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure that WIP & FG inventory is strictly controlled and any rework materials are processed in good time.
- Ensure zero variance in stocks.
The candidate should have a legal work authorization status to work in Tanzania
- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering /Production Engineering
- Professional registration: Registration with the Engineers Registration Board (ERB).
- General work experience (years): 7 to 10 years in similar Manufacturing Indust.
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): Min 4 to 5 years managing a team
- Industry: Manufacturing Industry- preferably in Steel Sector
- Microsoft Office packages
- ERP/SAP systems